Here is your chance to work on the world-class VR games and experiences of the future! Phosphor is seeking multiple experienced Unreal Engine programmers to join project teams. We are looking for engaged people who love to make amazing interactive experiences like the world has never seen before. Our first VR title: The Brookhaven Experiment, is a worldwide hit…and we’re just getting started!
Our Programmers take point on technical decisions affecting platform development, work on optimizing the engine and fixing bugs on consoles, get to be creative and own gameplay systems, and are expected to research new development techniques and help the art and design teams establish realistic expectations for their gameplay systems.
Our main studio is located in Chicago, IL. We have a top tier benefits package, flexible work schedule, and are based in a very livable and cool city!
- Develop clean, well commented C++ code in modern game dev engines, especially Unreal Engine 4
- Quickly learn our build and development environment, and become an expert on the game engine in which you are working
- Participate in code reviews and provide technical guidance for other developers on the team
- Fix bugs on PC, XBOne and PS4 platforms
- Take ownership over your code and systems and work to improve those systems autonomously
- Be proactive about continually improving our development environment and process
- Be a fun and upbeat team member, and help your teammates become better game developers
- For Engine: Take charge of making sure our platform builds are working and running at rate, within memory and disk space limitations, and with acceptable load times
- For Engine: Optimize game and engine systems in order to ship products
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Game Development, or related discipline
- 2+ years experience as a professional game programmer
- Have completed and shipped at least 1 Unreal Engine game with a full team (Programing, Design, Art)
- For Engine: Expert in C++ and highly knowledgeable about modern software engineering principles (Source Control, Continuous Integration, etc)
- For Engine: Experience analyzing performance problems and optimizing engine and gameplay systems
- For Engine: Experience finding and fixing low level bugs in engine code
- Experience using UE3 and/or Unity engines
- For Engine: Experience shipping games on current or last-gen console platforms
- For Engine: Experience with graphics programming or debugging of graphics bugs
- For Engine: Experience with multiplayer game development or low level networking
- For Engine: Experience with a major middleware package (PhysX, WWise, etc)