Here is your chance to work on world-class games in Unreal. Phosphor Games is seeking multiple, experienced Unreal Engine and Game Programmers to join our team. We are looking for engaged people who have a passion for amazing games and interactive experiences.
Our first VR title: The Brookhaven Experiment, is a worldwide hit…and we’re just getting started!
Our Technical Designers take point on designing and implementing gameplay systems, assist on optimizing levels in the engine, fixing bugs and get to be creative, and are expected to research new design techniques. Designers at Phosphor Games work closely with art and engineering teams to establish realistic expectations while still achieving a high-quality fun factor.
Our main studio is located in Chicago, IL. Right Near the new Google building. We have a competitive benefits package, flexible work schedule, and are based in a very livable and cool city!
- Quickly learn our build and development environment, and become an expert on the game engine in which you are working
- A Systems Designer needs a thorough understanding of design concepts in game as defined in the GDD.
- Create any 2D maps of game levels, drawings, diagrams, and flowcharts, necessary to communicate design functionality and vision.
- Develop scripts in blueprint or other scripting language for their level
- Communicate designs visually and verbally to other team members through various methods
- Participate in extensive game play review at all stages of the development process in order to evaluate gameplay and ensure that the game is fun and engaging.
- Work closely with QA and other disciplines to identify and resolve level design and gameplay issues
- Take ownership over your systems and work to improve those systems autonomously
- Be proactive about continually improving our pipeline and process
- Be a fun and upbeat team member, and help your teammates become better designers
- B.S. in Game Design or Computer Game Development, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience as a professional Systems or Technical Designer
- Have completed and shipped at least 1 UE4 Engine game with a full team (Programing, Design, Art)
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of systems and game design.
- Experience analyzing performance problems in engine.
- Experience scripting gameplay in Blueprints and or basic programming/game scripting skills.
- Experience using UE3 and/or Unity engines
- Working knowledge of adobe suite, and 3D modeling software.
- Experience shipping games on Xbox One and PS4platforms
- Experience with multiplayer systems design
Phosphor Games is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.