Phosphor Studios is about to start an exciting new project and we are seeking an experienced gameplay programmer to join our team. We are looking for people who are smart, self-motivated, and passionate about amazing games and interactive experiences.
Our Programmers take point on technical decisions and bug fixes. They also get to be creative and own gameplay systems, and are expected to research new development techniques. Programmers at Phosphor Studios work closely with art and design teams to establish realistic performance and memory constraints while still achieving a high-quality fun factor.
Our main studio is located in Chicago, IL in the heart of Fulton Market and close to many great shops and restaurants. We have a competitive benefits package, flexible work schedule, and are based in a very livable and cool city!
- Write modern C++ that is clear and easy to maintain
- Take ownership over your code and systems and work to improve those systems autonomously
- Architect new systems by working closely with other disciplines, including art, design, audio, and animation.
- Quickly learn our build and development environment, and become an expert on the game engine in which you are working
- Participate in code reviews and provide technical guidance for other developers on the team
- Be proactive about continually improving our development environment and process
- Be a fun and upbeat team member, and help your teammates become better game developers
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Game Development, a related discipline, or equivalent real world experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a professional game programmer
- Have completed and shipped a software product with a full team
- Experience using UE4, UE3, or Unity engines
- Experience in web technologies like in AWS, AZURE, backend dev, or full stack dev, etc.
- Experience with iOS, MacOS, and tvOS
Phosphor Studios is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.